Six simple ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of bentonite clay)
- 3/8 cup boiling water (purified is always best)
- 1/4 tsp. Real Salt (or any unrefined sea salt that you enjoy)
- 15-25 drops Stevia (I personally prefer liquid, but powder is fine)
- 10-12 drops Peppermint essential oil (Spearmint would be good, too)
- 4-6 drops Tea Tree essential oil
1. Dump the powdered clay in a bowl, then add sea salt.
2. Pour in the boiling water.
3. Using a hand mixer (or a sticker blender would also work), start mixing the clay until it is well blended with the water.
The consistency that you’re going for is just thick enough to stay on a toothbrush, but still thin enough that you will be able to dip a toothbrush in and easily scoop some up. If it’s too thick, this gets harder to accomplish.
4. Start adding Stevia, and both the peppermint and tea tree essential oils. But, don’t put the full amounts in yet. Start with half of the drops first. This gives you the ability to taste it as you go and not end up with something sweeter/stronger than you will enjoy using.
Mix it well after you add the first of the drops. Then taste a bit on the tip of your finger. Go ahead and add more stevia and/or essential oils until it tastes how you want it.